Sunday, April 17, 2011

Twist Out

There are a bunch of different ways I like to do and wear twist outs. It's another style that you can play with. The two strand twists that I talked about in my last blog are what I used for this twist out. A twist out is just what it sounds like; twists that you take out ^_^" 

It took me about 10 minutes to do this one. I started in the back of my head by my neck. Holding the majority of my hair out the way, I used one hand to undo one twist at a time. An easy way to undo twists without making them frizzy is to hold and twirl the strand of hair in the opposite direction the twist is in. Next separate the two sections, it's that simple. If you pull or mess with them too much you'll end up with a frizzy head of hair. There maybe a style that calls for bigger or poofier hair, but with this style that's not what I was going for.

Fresh twist out. LOVE flowers in my hair!! Usually put them on the side I part my hair the most, or where I want hair pulled out of my face.

Everybody has one of THOSE friends ^____^

Day two of the twist out. I fell asleep without covering my hair. It doesn't look too bad, but I think I'll just keep in in for one more day.    
Since I didn't cover my hair overnight it was a little dry the next day. I didn't want to add too much product, so I used a light glosser to add shine. I don't like this product when I'm flat ironing my hair, because it makes my hair stiff and heavy. I don't straighten my hair too often, but when I do I prefer it to be light and bouncy. That's just my personal preference though.
SECRET
One trick that I often use when I'm wearing my hair in any type of style with a curl is the shower! Yes, the shower, well actually the steam from a hot shower. If my hair was straightened I'd cover it, wrap it, and try to hide it from all of the moisture in the bathroom, because we all know it would be 100% curly by time I dried my toes. Sometimes my twists, curls, knots may get flattened from me sleeping. A spray bottle with water is a quick fix, but that's usually a last resort for me. Just taking a hot shower with my hair uncovered is a solution that works every time. The humidity loosens and fluffs my hair, so I don't have to pull, separate, or mess with it too much....risking the frizzy mess I don't want.

Know any other tricks or variations I want to know!!! Please share and don't forget to leave feedback. Thumbs up, down, or not at all?!? Also don't forget to follow my blog!! Top right hand corner..you'll get updates as fast as I can write em, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments and feedback, but if you post anonymously I can't respond to ya! Don't forget to check back for my response ^_~"