Friday, November 11, 2011

Link Between Food & Hair?!?

What does diet and hair have to do with each other?? Do you know the answer? Believe it or not they are directly related! If your diet doesn't have enough fatty acids, vitamins, and protein, for example, you could experience hair loss. Not having enough, or an imbalance can cause dry, brittle hair.

FACTS:
  • To make sebum (oil in scalp/hair) your body needs Vitamin A and C
  • Not getting enough zinc can cause your hair to shed
  • A low protein diet can result in brittle hair, or even loss of hair color
  • Vitamin A helps condition the skin, which leads to shinier hair
  • Not getting the proper amount of calories can stunt your hair growth
I always try to be conscious of what goes into my body, the long term effects, and being healthy over all. I've seen what poor food choices can do to you over the years; I've even had my own scare, and to me it's not worth it. I haven't always been this way though! If I wanted it, it looked and smelled good, and then I was going to eat it. Negative effects on the body, skin, hair, etc wasn't even on my mind. Over time, I've learned that your health is something that you can't always get back. You don't always have a say in what happens to your body, but the areas that you do--take advantage while you can.

You don't have to swear off meat, only eat yogurt, or strictly stick to green foods, but you should be aware of the pros and cons.  ^_^" You may already have an eating style that you're not aware of! I didn't know I fit into a category. Personally, I don't eat red meat, but I had no clue there was a name for that. I just knew I avoid eating Bessie at all costs...and Babe too! Nemo and Chicken Little weren't out of the woods though!

Partial Vegetarian is what my eating style is called. Basically I avoid red meat, but may eat fish, poultry, dairy, and eggs. Carnivore, vegan, ovo vegetarian, and flexitarian are more examples of eating styles.

What's your eating style? Need more info to decide? Check out a blog post I did on eating styles H E R E!! Comment below and tell me what yours is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments and feedback, but if you post anonymously I can't respond to ya! Don't forget to check back for my response ^_~"