Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Spotted: Special Issue Magazine!!!

I've been trying to narrow my choice down to one article, picture, or hair style, and I just can't do it. The ENTIRE magazine is great!! Essence Hot Hair Special Issue for Fall 2011 is a must have magazine!!! There's a big section just about natural hair ^_^"

Fall 2011: Displayed until Dec 16

Find Inside:
  • Styles that are hot in different regions of the country
  • Great style ideas for all hair lengths
  • Product lists for natural and relaxed hair
  • How-to's on different natural curl styles
  • Tips on hair coloring
  • Wig info
  • And More!

Some things I liked the most were:

Regional Styles- It's interesting to see what other people are doing to their hair. There are more than just afros, even though they're great, and I wear them all the time! I got a lot of style ideas I'd like to try from this section.

Products- I'm always on the hunt for new products. I usually go back to my old faithfuls, but trying new products is fun. I saw more products from lines I already use that I didn't know about too.

Curl Tips- I know that there are number of curl types. All curly hair isn't the same, and some have more needs than others. There's some good info on the different types.

Natural Hair Photos- Recently I've been noticing more photos and stories in magazines with people who have natural hair. A lot of times if there are pictures or stories about natural hair in a magazine it's limited to about 2 pages. I like seeing the different styles, people, and the amount of it here.

~~~~~~~~~~

I found this magazine at CVS, and I'm sure it could easily be found at any book or grocery store. If you're interested in products, need style ideas, are curious to what's happening in other parts of the country, or just want to read about hair I'd recommend this magazine.

Have you read it already; went to pick it up? What did you think? Comment, let me know, and follow me on Twitter @MzDezy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments and feedback, but if you post anonymously I can't respond to ya! Don't forget to check back for my response ^_~"