Saturday, November 26, 2011

Style Quickie: Twists & Poof

For the longest time I've been so against doing mini twists on myself. The time it takes to complete them is really the sole reason for not wanting to do them. I began this style with full intentions of doing mini twists. As you can see that didn't happen. This style turned out nice anyways!



As always I started with a freshly washed head of hair. I used was my whipped shea butter mix, and essential oil water mix when my hair dried faster than I could style. On one side I put a few flat two strand twists, then bobby pinned out of the way while I two strand twisted the front of my head. Once that was completed, I had no motivation to twist anymore hair! I wasn't sure what else I wanted to do with it, but I didn't want it to take all day. Flexi rods to the rescue!! I still haven't mastered flexi rods on wet curly hair yet, so the results weren't perfect. Some curls were perfect, and some had frizzy ends. Over all the look wasn't terrible.



A high poof is what became of the flexi rod curls!

A nice headband added, and I'm off to work!


My poof was held in place with a few bobby pins. I wore this style for about 5 days before taking out the flat two strand twists. To wash, and to keep my two strands in tact, I clipped them together. The back and sides of my head I washed as normal, then gently cleaned my scalp where the two strand twists were.

I've washed my hair about three times since the style was first started. In the back of my mind I was still swearing off mini twists. Didn't work though, by the end of the weekend I'll have a full head of mini twists. Stay tuned for pictures!


Other Ways I Styled:

~~ After washing I did medium twists all over, let air dry, then wore a twist out with the two strands in front
~~ Slept with flexi rods on the two strands to give them some curl, and paired with the twist out
~~ Wore a poof and added a large hair flower to the side of it, and wore the two strands as curly bangs
~~ Rolled the loose hair into a french roll, then added a flower. The two strands were swooped to one side


** News **

I finally got my Etsy Shop open for business!!!! Does anyone else have a shop? Share your links!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments and feedback, but if you post anonymously I can't respond to ya! Don't forget to check back for my response ^_~"