Monday, September 5, 2011

Product Quickie

There are so many stores that sell hundreds of products. What's the best store to buy hair products at--I'm not sure. It depends on what you're looking for and your budget. A lot of products I use, or try, I find randomly. I might be at the store for socks, and see there's clearance shelves full of conditioner, and there it is! I'll show you some products that I use, describe them, tell where I found them, and how much.


I've used Eco Styler gel for some time now. Just recently was the variation with Argan Oil was discovered by me. Eco Styler with olive oil was the version that I was familiar with. It was mostly used to smooth down the edges of my hair, for flat twists, and wash n go's. Notice the difference in size of these two containers.

Eco Styler Argan Oil Gel:
  • Bought at Sally's Beauty Supply
  • 32 ounces
  • Cost about $8
  •  Alcohol Free
  • 100% Pure Argan Oil
  • My uses: wash n go's, edge smoother, flat twists
Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel:
  • Bought at Dollar General Store
  • 16 ounces
  • Cost about $5
  • Alcohol Free
  • 100% Pure Olive Oil
  • My uses: wash n go's, edge smoother, flat twists

My favorite way to do wash n go's, and probably the easiest, is to simply use conditioner. If I'm in a hurry, or know that I'll be doing my hair later in the day, I'll use a cheap conditioner. Conditioner is the easiest and quickest way to define my curls after washing/wetting it. I choose a cheap one, because I can afford to use a ton of it at a time. If I pay $15 for conditioner it's not going to be used up in one day--just saying. Suave Naturals is my go to cheap conditioner for quick wash n go's! I like the smell of coconut, so Tropical Coconut is the scent I choose.



Suave Naturals: Tropical Coconut
  • Bought at: Dollar General Store
  • 15 ounces
  • Cost $1
  • Water based
  • Contains honey, rosemary, and coconut extract
  • My uses: wash n go's

Lustrasilk is great for deep conditioning. This helped me a lot while I was transitioning! Your hair feels soft, smells great, and is easily detangled after using this. There are a few different kinds out there, but these are the two that I use the most. I see these often at just about any store I go to that sell hair products. The only difference, like with the Eco Styler, is probably the price. After washing my hair I use a couple of hand fulls of this, and soak my hair, then cover with a shower cap for at least 30 mins before rinsing.


Lustrasilk Tea Tree- liquid cholesterol (blue):
  • Bought at: local hair store
  • 20 ounces
  • Cost: about $5
  • Contains vitamin E, tea tree oil, soybean oil, safflower oil, peanut oil, rosehips extract
  • Great for dry, itchy scalp
  • My uses: deep conditioning, wash n go's
Lustasilk Herbal- cholesterol (orange):
  • Bought at: local hair store
  • 20 ounces
  • Cost: about $5
  • Contains carrot oil, rosemary oil, sage
  • Great for damaged, relaxed, and chemically treated hair
  • My uses: deep conditioning

I try to keep an eye out for clearance bins of random products. When products are super cheap it's a great time to buy and try! Even travel sizes are cool if you're curious about something, but don't want to spend the money on the full bottle. Walmart usually has a clearance isle. I've found tons of hair products, tools, accessories there before. I'll keep you posted if I find a good haul!

Do you have any products to add to the list? Know of any places for hair products? Comment below ^_~"

Don't forget to subscribe! You can now subscribe via email...just type it in the box up in the top left corner and hit "submit".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments and feedback, but if you post anonymously I can't respond to ya! Don't forget to check back for my response ^_~"