Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Quickie: Stuffed Twisted Updo

I saw this style while surfing YouTube videos last week and decided to try it. The channel I saw the video on was PrettyDimples. You can find a link to her channel under my "Links" tab up top!!



I've been celebrating my birthday, my friend's birthday, and other Virgo's birthdays ALL month! I wanted to do something different with my hair for the last party we would be having. This style was simple enough to do, and didn't require me buying anything for it.


What I Used:
  • Rat-tail comb
  • Hair clips
  • 1 pack of braiding hair
  • Eco Styler Argon Oil Gel (find out more about it H E R E !! )
  • Bobby pins
  • Lighter


I started by washing my hair, adding leave-in conditioner, then blow drying it. A small section on braiding hair was folded in half, and then the fold was heated with the lighter, molded with my fingers to make a point, and then lined up with the beginning of the parted twist. Each twist has a piece of braid hair that I used to stuff the twist. After forming the twist as far as possible incorporating your own hair, keep twisting tightly to make the braid hair roll. You'll start to get the crazy twisted coils. Keep twisting til you're at the end of the braid hair, then secure with a bobby pin.

The finish results were my variation on the how-to video. I prefer bigger twists to smaller ones. Making big twists limited how much hair was left over to twist into the spirals pinned on the side. If you used smaller twists then the spiral section, in the end, will be fuller. Over all I'm happy with this style. I've gotten SO many compliments on it from friends, co workers and even strangers.




The entire style took me about 45 minutes total to do. I always multitask when it comes to doing my hair, so it usually takes me longer than if I just focused on it. The twisted updo is one I'd suggest for someone who's transitioning, wants a protective style, or just something different.

It's day 4 with this style and it's still holding strong. At night I use a satin hair scarf to protect the edges of my hair, and then cover the remaining hair with a satin hair bonnet. I also sleep on a satin pillow case-- if you don't own one, get one!! It'll be one of your hairs best friends  ^_^"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments and feedback, but if you post anonymously I can't respond to ya! Don't forget to check back for my response ^_~"