What I used:
- Pair of old ankle socks
- Bobby pins
- Hair ties/ Rubber band
- Shea butter mix
This is a style that anyone can wear. Relaxed, chemical free, long, short--doesn't matter, you can wear this style. You can see two different ways that I wore the buns. One was more simple; I used a decorative hair comb to secure my two strand twists. The second one, bobby pins were used to secure the two strands, but a huge flower was added. You could add chop sticks, feathers, clips, just about anything to change up the style. Try doing three buns instead of two!
Changes I Made:
- If you have dark hair it's better to use a black sock instead of white, or any other color
- A rubber band was easier to cover than a thicker hair tie after making the bun
- Hair ties used should be dark, or close to the hair color. I used brown
- I kept my two strands together, but you could do a twist out for the bangs
- The bun on the bottom was smaller than the top-- Rubber band used on bottom and hair tie used on the top
These are just things that I changed, or noticed while doing this after watching the YouTube video mentioned above.
At night I covered my hair with a satin bonnet after removing bobby pins. This style takes literally 10 mins max to do, so there was a point where I took down the whole thing, and re-styled in the morning. I wore this for about 4 days before moving on ^_^"
Have you done this style before? Know any mods, or variations?? Share!